Free Part-Time Higher Education Courses for Job-seekers at IT Carlow
The four courses approved for funding at IT Carlow are:
- BSc in Management (Energy), Level 7
- Certificate in Mechanical Engineering, Level 6
- HDip in Business (Supply Chain Management), Level 8
- Certificate in Computer Systems, Level 6
The primary objective of Springboard is to assist unemployed people to remain close to the labour market by accessing part-time flexible higher education and training opportunities to upskill or reskill in areas where work may be available as the economy recovers. Springboard will be operated through www.BlueBrick.ie, which will provide learners with information on all Springboard approved programmes, as well as allowing them to apply online for those themselves.
Participants who will be eligible to apply for these courses are:
- Unemployed people who already have a National Framework of Qualifications award at Level 5 or a FETAC award at Level 6 with a previous history of employment in areas like construction or manufacturing, or other parts of the economy where employment levels are unlikely to recover to pre-recession levels.
- Participants who already hold a higher level NFQ Level 6 to 9 in other skills areas who may require additional upskilling or reskilling in order to re-enter employment.
Participants wishing to pursue these part-time or flexible learning courses will be able to retain their jobseeker’s allowance or jobseeker’s benefit, if an entitlement exists to such a payment, but the participant must remain available and be genuinely seeking work on an ongoing basis.
For further information, please go to www.itcarlow.ie/springboard
Photo: Labour Market Activation Initiative graduates Sean Dwyer, Peter Bergin, Keelin Cooney and Kenneth Jones with Dr Ruaidhrí Neavyn, President of IT Carlow after the conferring ceremony in November.