Life @ IT Carlow
Life at IT Carlow
There are many aspects to life in the Institute. College life is not just about academic work; there are clubs and societies to join and new friends to meet. It’s a time to expand your horizons, develop your talents and grow as a person (and have great fun along the way).
With that in mind, the Chaplaincy Service offers possibilities of exploring your spiritual side, developing your social and community awareness, making friends and facing the basic human question, what’s it all about? We don’t have all the answers, but we’re here to support you on the journey
The Institute has a full time chaplain, FR MARTIN SMITH, who provides pastoral care for both students and staff.
- We are available each day in ROOM F103 in the Chaplaincy Area in the BARROW CENTRE (beside the Students Union), or at extension 5612. Feel free to drop in at any time. Outside of college time FR MARTIN is available at 059 914 2632.
- We also have a MULTI-FAITH ROOM if you want to spend some quiet time in private prayer or reflection.
- MASS is celebrated every day from 1.05pm – 1.20pm (15 mins) in the MULTI-FAITH ROOM. You’re welcome to join us.
- MUSLIM PRAYER for women takes place from 12.25 – 12.35 in the MULTI-FAITH ROOM .
- MUSLIM PRAYER for men takes place from 12.40 – 12.50 in the MULTI-FAITH ROOM.
Timetables for RELIGIOUS SERVICES and contact details of various MINISTERS OF RELIGION within the locality are also available from the Chaplain's Office
Click into the link below to view mass times in the Kildare & Leighlin diocese.
Fr Martin Smith,