Information for Schools
Life at IT Carlow
The Institute of Technology Carlow is holding its annual Open Day on Friday 9th November 2012 from 10am to 1.30pm. This presents an ideal opportunity for you to obtain further information on our courses in Engineering, Computing, Science, Sport, Humanities and Business.
To reserve a place for groups, or for further information, please telephone Ciara at 059/9175080 or email email@example.com.
Open Day will include:
- A general talk on course / career choices and transition to higher education. This talk will be held in Lecture Hall A102 and will be repeated five times with the first talk commencing at 10am. See times for the five talks on the enclosed information schedule.
- Individual course talks across a range of discipline areas delivered by academic staff at regular time intervals. Please see attached list for details of venues and times.
- An Open Day Exhibition in the Central Services Building and in our newly built Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) with information stands on Courses, Admissions, Access, Accommodation, Health Care, Students Union, Clubs & Societies etc.
- View demonstrations in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre) Sports Hall from a sample of our Clubs & Societies and enjoy watching model cars created by students from our engineering department as they race through heats all the way to the final.
- The first IT Carlow Open Day Debate organised by our Built Environment Department will take place in Room C135 from approximately 10.15am through to 12.15pm. The motion is that the construction industry should incentivise women to enter the industry. Eight schools from around the country will participate and visiting guidance counsellors, staff and students are welcome to drop in to listen to the arguments for and against this very interesting motion.
- A meeting of Guidance Counselors with the new President of IT Carlow to discuss new developments at the Institute. This meeting will commence at 11.15am in the Activities Room in the Student Services Centre (Barrow Centre).
There will be a number of Open Day Help Desks staffed by IT Carlow students and located around the campus to facilitate any questions you may have.
New CAO Courses for 2013 entry
CW538 BSc (Honours) in Pilot Studies
CW478 BEng (Honours) Civil Engineering
CW568 BSc (Honours) Aerospace Engineering
CW198 BSc (Honours) Strength & Conditioning
CW788 BA (Honours) Youth and Community Work
IT Carlow Wexford Campus Open Day 2012
Thursday 29th November from 10.00am - 2.00pm
For further information and booking for the Wexford Campus Open Day, please click here » or see contacts below.